Saturday, October 16, 2010

Can't Think of a Clever Movie Title Reference


Hello everyone,

It’s been a lot longer than I would have wished for this next installment of Frankish Adventures, but here it is (for those who care). I’ve definitely been missing everyone in Bellingham, ‘cause here it’s taking quite a bit of time to know people. It’s not so much a cultural thing as it’s a new environment. The same thing happened to me when I went to Seattle to study; I didn’t make that many friends. 

There are a few guys that I’ve been hanging with: Jean Baptiste, Kevin, and Dmitri. They are my neighbors at the apartment complex. But our varying schedules leave me always outta the loop. The rooms here make me think of the dorms: small rooms and you know everyone on your floor. Even the mentality is the same here; love triangles, arguments, drinking and smoking against regulations, and such things. I, of course, am far more mature than them: I would never be part of a love triangle ;)

I’ve been spending most of my time at the school. I go there every day but Sunday, from opening to closing. It’s extra, unrequested work, but it’s good for the experience. 

I haven’t had much opportunity to visit around town or the countryside, but I’m sure that that’s to come.  Salon de Provence is not much different from Bellingham. Not much to do but work.

So far it’s been kinda of depressing…pretty lonely. Let’s hope it’ll change!!

I’ll tell you guys more about the school next Saturday (since this coming week is super crazy with 3 lessons to do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment